By Chris Rossini
It's already been well established that the things Donald Trump says can change in an instant. What he says today will probably change tomorrow (or even later today if it's early enough). Many of the things that he said to his early "Make America Great Again" supporters have now been tossed aside. So the key things to watch now are how the Deep State maneuvers to keep the status quo going.
After all, the Deep State doesn't leave when administrations change. Presidents come and go, but the entrenched bureaucracy that feeds off the average American stays.
The Deep State sinks its claws into every President via personnel. Pay attention to the personnel that will be around Trump, and you'll get a good sense of where things are headed. Based on Trump's chums so far, the Deep State will be able to sleep like a baby.
- Chris Christie, Rudy Giuliani, Jeff Sessions, Richard Haas - all establishment men and in the Trump circle.
- John McCain and Dick Cheney are on board with Trump (despite Trump bad mouthing them both in public).
- Sheldon Adelson is poised to give Trump $100 million.
That's just a taste.
- Trump has met with James Baker and Henry Kissinger after weeks of telephone conversations with Kissinger (!!!).
- Trump named former Soros money manager as his National Campaign Finance Chair.
You see how this works?
It's not complicated.
All of Trump's campaign talk out there...that's a sideshow. If President Obama didn't already prove that in spades, no one will.
"Hope & Change" simply became "No Change".
Now it's being reported that Trump will be meeting with Senator Bob Corker. Many "top" Republicans believe that Corker would make a good VP pick for Trump.
Here are few things about Corker:
- Wanted to raise the federal gas tax.
- Said: “Vladimir Putin is seizing a neighboring territory – again…” How many times did Putin invade Ukraine? Daniel McAdams at the Ron Paul Institute counted 36 times. Who knew?
- Is in favor of the dangerous "flat tax". As Robert Wenzel correctly points out: "Tax cuts are what we need, not changing the method of taxation."
- Wenzel again "Corker is chairman of the very powerful Senate Foreign Relations Committee. You don't get that position unless the deep state approves."
Remember that when Hope & Change 2.0 fails to materialize.